Archie Rose, Rye Malt Whisky (700ml)
Archie Rose Distillery,
Malted Rye Whisky
World’s Best Rye Whisky - World Whiskies Awards 2020
To create this truly unique whisky, Archie Rose selectively sourced rare malted rye and the finest malted barley from progressive malt houses, paired them with virgin American oak casks air-dried for 36 months and let it all mature in the maritime air of coastal Sydney.
Their preference for malted rye over the far more commonly used un-malted rye affords this whisky a point of distinction evident upon the very first sip. This layered, aromatic spirit offers notes of spiced custard, ginger, stone fruit and baked apple pie with a fresh herbal finish that lingers on the palate.
We invite you to enjoy this Rye Malt Whisky in the spirit it was created: to be savoured in good company and served the way you like.
Amber with copper highlights.
A tantalising tension between sweet and savoury. Transports you to a carpenter’s workshop by the coast with the aroma of vanilla eclairs and sherbet. A second pass continues with sun-dried apricots, muesli and rice pudding. Time in the glass reveals cola, creaming soda and toffee.
Peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
A subtle combination of caraway seed with sweet spices. A hint of salinity balances the sweetness.
- World's Best Rye Whisky - World Whiskies Awards (London)
- World's Best Rye Whisky - ADI Craft Spirit Awards (USA)
- World's Best Rye Whisky - World Whisky Masters (London)
- Australia's Best Rye Whisky - San Francisco World Spirits Competition (USA)
- Australia's Best Rye Whisky - International Wine & Spirits Competition (London)
- Australia's Best Rye Whisky - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition (USA)
- Australia's Best Rye Whisky - SIP Awards (USA)
- Australia's Best Rye Whisky - International Review of Spirits (USA)